Old-Fashioned Apple Pie - Martha Stewart
Stumped for dinner? Get our life-saving Dinner Daily newsletter. You (and your stomach) can thank us later!
1 view more photos
Top Review byriffraff I am fairly new at fruit pies. I always thought that apple pies had top crusts so I added one. The pie was really good.
See All Reviews
Make a Tweak Ask a Question
1 recipe photo
- Pare, core and slice apples 1/4" thick and toss with lemon juice to keep from turning dark.
- Note: 20oz is a kind of apple and the best I have found for this recipe.
- Blend sugars, flour and spices.
- Toss sugar mixture together with apples and mix.
- Pile apples into unbaked pie shell and dot with butter; Add top crust and score top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6Calories 231.6 Calories from Fat 36 16% Total Fat 4.1 g 6% Saturated Fat 2.5 g 12% Cholesterol 10.2 mg 3% Sodium 33.5 mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g 16% Dietary Fiber 2.7 g 10% Sugars 43.7 g 174% Protein 0.7 g 1%
Like what you see here?
Add to collection
Whoops! There are no results for your search. Please modify your search and try again.