Fashion for ladies over 50
Fashion Designers create garments and accessories and usually focus on a specialist area, like menswear or sportswear. Typical work activities performed by Fashion Designers are creating new collection ideas, drawing sketches or using computer aided design (CAD) software, researching fashion trends, networking with suppliers, and taking part in meetings with customers. A well-written sample resume for Fashion Designers emphasizes creativity, fashion awareness, CAD software familiarity, organization, management, and communication abilities. Most professionals working in this industry often display an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field in their resumes.
Looking for cover letter ideas? See our sample Fashion Designer Cover Letter.1
Head Fashion Designer
Leading fashion house in innovating on heritage design with modern style
- Increased customer base by approximately 50% through creative design that brought fresh look to traditional style geared towards upper middle class
- Planned out the first annual fashion show to increase brand awareness
- Created a new ready-for-wear line for teenage girls as part of the portfolio diversification strategy
- Analyzed designs and assessed them to come up with enhanced solutions
- Selected fabric and trimmings for finished garments
Senior Fashion Designer
Held key role in growing company from launch in 2008, to selling in over 500 stores in 34 countries in 3 years, especially successful in Japan, England, and the US
- Collaborated with Creative Director to develop the each collection in 2 months,
- Designed all print-ready invitations for trade shows and event planning
- Managed the design process from conception through production hand-off for over 2,300 styles
- As the in-house textile print and embellishment designer, approved print strike-offs and artwork techniques for production of more than 200 prints and embellishments
- Saved the company k by creating a complete branding package, including: brand identity, logo, stationery, website and marketing materials, used in over 23 trade shows
Owned and operated custom clothing boutique
- Designed and constructed clothing for clientele
- Developed successful advertising campaigns for sales promotions, fashion shows, and direct mail promotions
- Performed purchasing, inventory control, merchandising, shipping and receiving
- Hired, trained, and managed staff up to ten contractors and administrative personnel
Freelance Fashion Designer
Contracted by an independent company to design and produce a product for the military.
- Participated as a fashion designer and dresser for the IMAGINE Fashion Show 2009-2011.
- Designed and produced a line of toddler dresses, woman's capsule collection and sports team purses.
- Numerous wedding dress alterations.
- Designed women's sportswear and recommended new styles by draping and sketching
- Cooperated with local factories on a daily basis and coordinated sampling and production
- Conducted trend/fabric research and created inspiration/design/fabric boards
- Prepared technical sketches, generated line sheets and updated price calculation list
- Created mock-ups and embellishment layout for overseas factories
- Participated in fittings and managed corrections and alterations
Associate Fashion Designer
Assisted the Design Director with design process; researching trends, boards, sourcing.
- Created tech packs and flat sketches using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Communicated with local and overseas trim and fabric vendors.
- Assisted the head designer before and during buyers' meetings.
- Efficiently worked in a very fast paced environment.
- Styled looks with newly developed garments to be sold on air.
- Performed administrative duties as well as garment costing using Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Scheduled model fittings
Purchased new and used clothing and accessory items as needed to complete designs.
- Determined prices for styles.
- Tested fabrics so that garment care labels can be created.
- Read scripts and consulted directors and other production staff in order to develop design concepts and plan productions.
- Sewed together sections of material to form mockups and samples of garments and articles, using sewing equipment.
Womenswear Fashion Designer
Responsible for establishing and maintaining followers for all social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, and Polyvore
- Wrote weekly blog posts about fashion current events and [company name] announcements that can be found on www.nataliaallen.com
- Wrote and sent press releases to hundreds of contacts
- Created pitch lists and pitched to fashion bloggers and online magazines
- Successfully pitched to Forbes and Corporate Fashionista
- Promoted from an unpaid internship to a paid position
Head Fashion Designer & Pattern Cutter
- Appointed to design and pattern cut for PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2010, and a celebration for Frieha Altaf's 20th Anniversary 2010.
- Designed over 50 garments for fashion shows, and about 500 designs and patterns over the course of my employment.
- Coordinated with embroiders and samplers during production.
- Appointed head designer for the company upper end [company name] Khaas collection.
Fashion Designer - Junior Knits and Sweaters
- Worked on designs for season collections
- Prepared development tech packages on Gallery and Excel
- Conducted fittings and made fit comments
- Generated graded specs for approved styles
- Executed technical flat sketches on computer or by hand
- Created artwork and CAD presentations on Illustrator and Photoshop
- Communicated with overseas agents
VIEW MORE RESUME SAMPLES
- NEXT >
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.Email: Resume:
Upload Resume File