Fashion shows in new york
Fashion Week Incorporated (also referred to herein as the “Fashion Week ”) Agreement of Terms and conditions.
This is a legal agreement ("Agreement") between you and Fashion Week (Fashion Week Incorporated). Please read these terms and conditions of use before using this site.
By continuing to access or use this site, or any service on this site, you signify YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
For the tickets that are already purchased for FASHION WEEK event, Fashion Week reserves the right to terminate and decline the entry to Fashion Week events if the account holder is in violation of our terms. No Refunds will be made for the ticket that has been already purchased.
Upon termination by you or upon notice of termination by Fashion Week , you must immediately cease all use of the Fashion Week Site and the Fashion Week Service and destroy all materials obtained from the Fashion Week Site and the Fashion Week Service and any copies thereof.
3. Purchase Terms and Conditions; Fees and Payments: Fashion Week pricing for tickets and services are outlined in detail on every transaction. The final purchase price includes the face value cost of the tickets (inclusive of all taxes), a service charge and, depending on the venue, a theater restoration fee.
Service Charges: A service fee is added to all tickets purchased on the Fashion Week Site or Eventbrite and all other third party sites when you purchase the tickets.
i. Request Process. Fashion Week takes orders on a request basis. Reservations are not guaranteed. The order is only confirmed when actual seat locations are quoted via a confirmation email or live on the phone with a Fashion Week phone agent. We use www.Eventbrite.com to process the tickets through our website. For more information on how www.Eventbrite.com safeguards transactions please visit their website and click on "Security".
ii. Live Seating. Fashion Week holds a private ticket inventory for certain shows and will offer exact seat locations online or over the phone for these shows. If you are quoted specific seat locations on the website during the ordering process and complete the sale by providing payment, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the details of your order and guaranteeing your ticket reservation. Since our inventory is continually fluctuating, exact locations are subject to change. However, all changes to seating will be kept within the same price category.
Seat Location: Seating arrangement is made based on the tickets purchased on the first come basis. No refund will be provided and there is NO seating Satisfaction Guaranteed. Since our inventory is continually fluctuating, we cannot guarantee the seating arrangement. However, seating will be kept within the same price category.
Cancellation after the ticket purchase is made: Please note we do not offer any Cancellation after the ticket purchase is made. All purchases are final and non-refundable. Due to our company policy, we will not be able to issue a refund on any unused tickets.
If for any unforeseen reason the Fashion Week event or show is cancelled or rescheduled for any unavoidable reason, our team will notify you immediately and you will receive an equal value of the ticket/tickets towards the next Fashion Week event. There will be NO REFUNDS. Please note no additional amount will be compensated, the ticket value will be exactly the equal value of the ticket/tickets purchased.
Limited Availability: Tickets are subject to availability. Not all seats are available and blackout dates apply. If the tickets are oversold, organizer reserves the right to terminate the tickets and you will receive an offer to attend the next event of equal value. All sales final. No refunds. No exchanges. Tickets may be changed or revoked at any time at the sole discretion of the organizer, FW Inc. Due to the location constraints, some events may not be accessible to members with disabilities.
All guests should attend the show in person in order to receive the gift bags. Men should attend in person in order to receive gift bags allocated for Men. Gift bags value is based on ticket level, and gift bag value varies per show.
THE TICKETS WILL NOT BE REPLACED, REFUNDED, OR EXCHANGED FOR ANY REASON.
Delivery of Tickets: All tickets must be picked up at the venue 30 minutes before the show. We do not ship the tickets. Please bring a valid photo id and the email print out of the ticket purchase confirmation in order to collect your ticket.
4. Fashion Week is not required to provide you notice prior to terminating your ticket purchase to Fashion Week events. Fashion Week is not required, and may be prohibited, from disclosing a reason for the termination of your ticket. Even after your ticket is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
5. Online Conduct. As a Member using Fashion Week website, you agree that: When you register as a member at Fashion Week you are solely responsible for the content or information you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Fashion Week.
In order to purchase tickets on this website, you agree that you are 18 year of age and legally considered an adult per the applicable legally authority where you reside.
As a member on Fashion Week, you may not post, or transmit to other Members or Employees, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity).
You may not post or transmit through the site any material that contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services without Fashion Week’s express prior approval, or use the site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, without limitation, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other on-line information services. You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You will not transmit any chain letters or junk E-mail to other Fashion Week Members. You may not use Fashion Week to attract new members for a competing service.
You may not include any offensive anatomical or sexual references, offensive sexually suggestive or connotative language, telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs, E-mail addresses and you may not post any photos containing nudity, unauthorized personal information, cartoons, or photos which are not of you. Fashion Week reserves the right, but has no obligation to edit, delete, hide or reject any profile or photo that does not comply with these prohibitions or comply with the Fashion Week profile standards.
6. Copyrighted Material. The site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, without limitation, text, software, photos and graphics, and the contents of the site are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. No copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express written permission of Fashion Week and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
7. You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the site, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted Fashion Week the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. You also permit any other user of the site to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that user's personal use. You grant Fashion Week the right to edit, copy, display, add to, publish and distribute any material made available on the site by you.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
A. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER FASHION WEEK , ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
B. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR THAT THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED OR ADVERTISED ON THE SITE WILL BE AS REPRESENTED, AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT THE TIME OF ADVERTISEMENT, LAWFUL TO SELL, OR THAT SELLERS OR BUYERS WILL PERFORM AS PROMISED, OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
C. IN NO EVENT WILL FASHION WEEK , OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITE OR THE CONTENT INCLUDED THEREIN, BE LIABLE IN CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING FOR ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE OR SIMILAR ECONOMIC LOSS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL USE OF AND CONTENT ON THE SITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL FASHION WEEK 'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS SITE.
D. THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY), NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FASHION WEEK IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FASHION WEEK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE FASHION WEEK SERVICE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. FASHION WEEK DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, TELEPHONE SERVICE INCLUDING COVERAGE, RANGE OR ANY INTERRUPTION IN TELEPHONE SERVICE.
9. No Agency; General Release BECAUSE FASHION WEEK IS NOT INVOLVED IN MEMBER TO MEMBER OR MEMBER TO VISITOR INTERACTIONS, IF A DISPUTE ARISES BETWEEN YOU AND ANOTHER MEMBER OR VISITOR, YOU RELEASE FASHION WEEK (AND ITS AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES) FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES.
10. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Fashion Week, its directors, officers, employees and agents and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of your use of the Fashion Week services or events including any breach by you of the terms of this Agreement.
11. Trademarks: Fashion Week website, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of Fashion Week . All rights reserved.
12. Complaints: To resolve a complaint regarding the Fashion Week service, you should first contact Fashion Week Guest Relations 1-800-657-2320 or email at
14. Your Interactions with Other Members at Fashion Week events: You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members at the Fashion Week events. You understand that Fashion Week does not in any way screen its Members, nor does Fashion Week inquire into the backgrounds of its Members or attempt to verify the statements of its Members. Fashion Week makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Members with any current or future Members. In no event shall Fashion Week be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this Service or persons you meet through this Fashion Week events. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other Members of the Fashion Week , particularly if you decide to meet in person after Fashion Week hosted events. You understand that Fashion Week makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your interaction with individuals you meet through the Fashion Week hosted events. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information) to other Members and must use caution and common sense while interacting with other members at Fashion Week events.
15. Content Posted by You on Fashion Week website as a member or for purchasing the Fashion Week event ticket. You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on Fashion Week , or transmit to other Members. You will not post on the Fashion Week , or transmit to other Members, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to Fashion Week or to any other Member. If information provided to Fashion Week , or another Member, subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify Fashion Week of such change. All information you include in your Member profile and to purchase Fashion Week event ticket must be accurate, current and complete.
16. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Fashion Week website. Fashion Week reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership (Membership includes and is not limited to individuals purchasing tickets to Fashion Week Events, Facebook and other social media sites) of such violators. It includes, but is not limited to, Content that:
• is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
• Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
• Involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
• promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
• promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files;
• contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
• provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
• provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses.
• solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
• engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
. Prohibited Activities. Fashion Week reserves the right to investigate and terminate your ticket or membership or decline your entry to Fashion Week events if you have misused the website, or behaved in a way which could be regarded as inappropriate or whose conduct is unlawful or illegal. The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Fashion Week service:
• You will not impersonate any person or entity.
• You will not "stalk" or otherwise harass any person.
• You will not express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Fashion Week without our specific prior written consent.
• You will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine", or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
• You will not post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
• You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Service.
• You will not interfere with or disrupt the Services or the site or the servers or networks connected to the Services or the site.
• You will not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
• You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Service.
• You will not "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Service or the Website, without Fashion Week 's prior written authorization. You also shall not use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Fashion Week or the Service or the site in order to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose.
• You will not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service or the Website or any software used on or for the Service or cause others to do so.
17. Guest Relations at Fashion Week website and at Fashion Week events: Fashion Week provides assistance and guidance through its client care representatives via email and phone for the website assistance and via client care representatives at the Fashion Week events. When communicating with our client care representatives, you may not to be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexist, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or otherwise behave inappropriately. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our client care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your ticket to the Fashion Week event or membership and you will be denied entry into Fashion Week events and or if you are already present at the Fashion Week our management staff will advise you to leave the Fashion Week event immediately and you MUST leave the Fashion Week event and you will not be entitled to any refund of the ticket price.
18. Chagres and Credit card payments: Current Information Required. YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR PURCHASING THE TICKET TO THE FASHION WEEK EVENTS. YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT INFORMATION, SUCH AS A BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY FASHION WEEK IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE BY CONTACTING OUR CLIENT SERVICE.
19. Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method (the "Payment Method Provider"). If Fashion Week does not receive payment from your Payment Method Provider, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
20. Blocking of IP Addresses. In order to protect the integrity of the Fashion Week website service, Fashion Week reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block Members from certain IP addresses from accessing the Website.
21. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Fashion Week Members at Fashion Week hosted events. Fashion Week reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
22. No Third Party Beneficiaries. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
23. Other. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and Fashion Week regarding the use of the Website service and/or the Fashion Week events. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
24. Representations and Warranties.
You represent, warrant and covenant that:
i. you have the power and authority to enter into this agreement;
ii. you shall not use any rights granted hereunder for any unlawful purpose; and
25. International Use:
Fashion Week makes no representation that materials on this Fashion Week Site and/or the Fashion Week are appropriate, legal or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom or the United States, or that it is authorized for export from the United States or import into any other country. This Fashion Week Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use is contrary to local law or regulation. Those who choose to access this Fashion Week Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and should inform themselves about and observe any such laws or regulations and consult a professional if in doubt as to the meaning of any part of the content and services of this Fashion Week Site and the Fashion Week Services. You are solely responsible for complying with all import and export laws and regulations and all applicable laws of any jurisdiction outside of the United States from which you may access the Fashion Week website.
26. Disclaimers. Fashion Week is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website by the members, or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the Website, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. Fashion Week is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member of the Service. Fashion Week assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications.
Fashion Week is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will Fashion Week or any of its affiliates, advertisers, promoters or distribution partners be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Website or the Service, any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline or at Fashion Week events. The Website and the Service are provided "AS-IS" and Fashion Week expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
In addition to the preceding paragraph and other provisions of this Agreement, any advice that may be posted on the Website is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, or other advice.Fashion Week makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Website. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
Please contact us at 1-800-657-2320 with any questions regarding this agreement. Fashion Week Inc., © 2013-2018, New York Fashion Week®, NYFW®, and NYFW The Runway Shows® are registered trademarks of Fashion Week Inc., All rights reserved.
Fashion Week Inc., is NOT Affiliated with IMG or CFDA.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your ticket purchase. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request of ticket purchase, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to our mailing list.
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.