Forever young runway fashion wig
MAIN Shopping 2018 New York Fashion Week
New York City hosts two major "Super Bowls of Fashion" with the big names of fashion unveiling their fall designs in February, and their spring collections in September.
The upcoming New York fashion extravaganza is scheduled for September 2018.
Watch for the premiere of 2018 spring collections to make their debut as New York plays host to the international fashion world at New York Fashion Week scheduled from Thursday, September 6 to Friday, September 14, 2018.
The Skinny on New York Fashion Week
With the entire city now the backdrop to Fashion Week, attendees have to be on their toes to discover WHO is showing WHERE. (For help, check the link above for this year's schedule for a complete list of locations where the top designers will be showing this year.)
Meanwhile, unless you're member fo the press or a fashion industry insider it's difficult to score New York Fashion Week tickets but with a litte luck you may still get a ticket to a public show.
Can't get there? Just sit back, relax, and watch it all come down the runway with New York Fashion Week livestream viewing available at FashionWeekOnline.
And a bit of history
In 2010, the city made good on its promise to provide a bigger showcase to house the biannual event, moving away from the traditional tents at Bryant Park which had been home to New York Fashion Week since 1993.
Begiining in September 2010, New York Fashion Week moved to Damrosch Park at the Lincoln Center complex, home to the renowned Metropolitan Opera house and American Ballet Theatre.
However, several years later some of the most famous names in fashion began strutting their stuff elsewhere. Today, the biggest names in fashion have opted to choose from a variety of unique venues -- ranging from the Brooklyn Navy Yard, to the Musuem of Natural History, to various spaces located in Tribeca and other showrooms around town.
DID YOU KNOW? New York Fashion Week trivia & fun facts
• Although Paris was the birthplace of the modern fashion show, New York was the first city that begin organizing shows seasonally. The first New York fashion show, called "Fashion Press Week", was organized in 1943.
• Today, among the Big Four fashion shows worldwide, New York Fashion Week is first - followed by London, Milan, and Paris.
• New York used to be LAST of the Big Four. That is, until designer Helmut Lang moved from Vienna to New York in 1998, and decided to show his collection in September, before any of the big European shows. Lang was quickly joined by Calvin Klein and Donna Karan. And the last major fashion show of the year become the first.
• New York Fashion Week attracts more than 200,000 attendees each year and generates more revenue for the city than the U.S. Tennis Open and the New York City Marathon.
• It takes three weeks to prepare for NYFW, with many design and construction crews working around the clock.
• To attract more press attention, top fashion designers are known to pay up to 0,000 for a major celebrity to sit in the front row during NYFW.
New York Fashion Week around the Web:
Elsewhere on the Web, stay up-to-date with the latest from New York Fashion Week including photos, video, fun facts and information as another glam fashion extravaganza glides down the runway in the world's trendiest fashion capital ....
New York Fashion Week - The official site featuring news & updates with the complete schedule, designer profiles, and daily photos.
VOGUE New York Fashion Week - Expert analysis, eye-popping photography, and more at Vogue Magazine's eye on NYFW.
WWD - Fashion Show Reviews - Check a complete and updated survey of the fashion world from Women's Wear Daily.