Images of fashion models
It’s almost time for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, planet Earth’s annual, spectacular tribute to complicated and massive lingerie.
Only a select posse of gorgeous models can pull off these parade-float-like bras and panties with aplomb. It takes an athletic physique along with generous curves in order to strut down the runway in a sexy peacock outfit and look as good as Lindsay Ellingson does in the photo at left.
Victoria’s Secret scours the globe for these women annually. This year, the company has chosen 27 models from all over the world to model their looks.
The flashy spectacle is totally irresistible, from the who’s-who of new and veteran models to the girl-power performances from the likes of Rihanna and Taylor Swift. Here, we have assembled photos and facts about all 27 models who are walking in the show this year. Study up! Dec. 9 will come around sooner than you think.
Some fun facts before you start perusing:
• Not all Victoria’s Secret models are equal; there is a hierarchy to uphold. Angels have long-term contracts and print ads to show for their status. Above them, two of the Angels this year get to wear “Fantasy Bras.” All of the other bras in the show, of course, are practical and realistic by comparison.
• Five models this year are mothers. Just don’t expect to see any cotton nursing bras.
• Although none of the models look a day over “flawlessly age-less,” they range from 18 to 33 years old.
• Fourteen nationalities are represented across this coterie of models.
• Brazil, the United States and the Netherlands are tied for Hottest Country Around, with five models coming from each of those countries.
• Two models are Swedes, while Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Poland, Australia, Hungary, England, Angola, France and Denmark are all sending one delegate each.
• Despite the relative lack of British models in the show (Lily Aldridge has a British father, so the most generous total is 1.5), the show is being held in London instead of New York this year.
• The musical performers this year will be Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, and Hozier.
• The first Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show was held in 1995. It was slightly more subdued than this year’s affair will likely be.
• The show airs on Dec. 9 from 10 to 11 p.m.