Old fashioned baby cradle
Beginner to Primary Lessons| Music | Stories | Felts | Other Resources
Singing Bible verses is arguably the best way to commit them to memory. Years later, at crucial times, these texts will surface in the memory. Help your kids to hide God’s Word in their hearts. The best recordings will have easily understood words combined with a memorable tune.
- Sing a Bible Verse by Wayne Hooper, listed alphabetically by titles, and listed in the order of the books of the Bible. If you read music and play an instrument, you can download the sheet music for over 300 Bible verses, as arranged by Wayne Hooper. (Only scanned pages, but you get the essentials, and you can’t beat the price. ;)) If you want the professionally published versions, you can get Volumes 1-III combined at AdventSource.
- Proverbs Scripture Songs – Free songs on a site dedicated to Scripture Songs.
Scripture Songs from MyBibleFirst Illustrated Scripture books include an audio CD of children saying and singing the passages.
Books, Albums and Individual MP3’s for Sale:
His Song in My Heart – Scripture Songs from Young Disciple Ministries – the same folks who offer the Young Disciple Curriculum for Juniors and Teens. You can buy individual songs or the whole CD, after listening to samples.
Steve Green’s classic “Hide ’em in your Heart” Vol 1 available on Amazon.
And we found Lots of Bible verse songs on Amazon.com – mostly audio CD’s, but some MP3’s and videos. Check them out. Usually you can listen to samples. (If you’ll look at “related” products at the bottom of the Amazon page, you may find even more.) You can usually buy single song for $.99 from the albums below. Some are suitable for sing-along use in Sabbath School. We think you will be able to download digital content from most areas of the world. Let us know whether or not it works for you.
Learn to Tell Stories by Listening to Masters
Eric Hare’s Vol 1 available at Amazon.
In our opinion, there are no better models of stories for small children than the Eric B. Hare stories. Play them for your children, yes, but if you listen to them over and over, you can learn to tell stories the way Eric B. Hare does, and you’ll have kids hanging on your every word! Note that there are 3 CD’s. We show the cover of the first CD which includes the stories of “The Chinese Lady and the Rats,” “Silver and the Snake,” and “The Big Yellow Truck.” Generations of children remember them.
Stories of the Men and Women Who Founded the Adventist Church Adventist history acted out – available as MP3 files or CD-format, either on compact disk. Choose the version you want. You can listen to some stories for free at the Ellen White site: Pathways of the Pioneers Or you can buy your own CD’s at Amazon: Pathways of the Pioneers: Great for children and adults. Compare both links for best price.
Your Story Hour CD’s include both Bible stories and other character-building stories. Available on Amazon. If you’ll click on the link to Volume 11, you’ll see the links to many more volumes below the heading “Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought.”
Free Story Resources
While computer animations and PowerPoint presentations are popular, there’s still much to be said for old-fashioned “felt sets.” The advantage of felt sets is that they engage young learners without the hyper stimulation of TV. Both teacher and children can be directly engaged in the stories, thus providing a clear focus for the class and holding the children’s attention. Additionally, the felt experience is different from what they usually experience and thus has a special attraction, if the teacher uses the felts correctly.
- Betty Lukens Felt sets include backgrounds and overlays, figures for Bible stories, as well as science stories and other stories.
- Little Folks Visuals offers miscellaneous felt sets and backgrounds, including a tabernacle set.
- Storytime Felts offer a wide variety of felt sets, including Bible stories.
- And if you’re looking for some felts that you can’t find anywhere else, you just might find them at The Felt Source. (However, if you can find felts at the other links, costing no more, please get them there, because Betty Lukens, Little Fols Visuals and Storytime Felts will pay us a small advertising commission to help cover our expenses of hosting this site. The Felt Source will not. )
Help kids learn memory verses with 100 Creative Ways to Learn Memory Verses (Paperback on Amazon.com). Also available in Kindle format. NOTE: Because different publishers use different artists, styles vary quite a bit, and it is best to choose Bible sets from just one publisher to ensure that the figures are appropriately sized and look like they belong together. Examine the styles and choose one that you like.
Beginner to Primary Sabbath School Lessons
This is the current standard curriculum for Seventh-day Adventist churches.
My Bible First Curriculum
This is a curriculum for leaders and teachers who prefer more structured lessons than the Gracelinks curriculum provides. Materials and stories contain true-to-life graphics instead of cartoon graphics. Resources include theme materials and visualized songs, teaching helps and memory verse aids. My Bible First was started to help parents establish daily family worships. Children can understand the plan of salvation and the great controversy theme. All Bible lessons tell the Bible stories in the order they happened. Each week’s lesson builds on what was learned the previous week to help children tunderstand how God has been working in history, and the consequences of choices. Free samples available.
- Primary Lesson Resources 3-year cycle for ages 7-9. My Bible First is designed to assist the early reader to begin a personal devotion time. The three-year cycle enlarges and expands the great controversy and plan of salvation theme introduced in the kindergarten lessons. Both one-time orders and standing orders accepted.
- Primary Teaching Helps Detailed program outline and instructions for entire Sabbath school class time (75+ minutes) with complete materials list. Includes text of weekly lesson, reproducible activity sheets, large Nature Corner booklet, coordinated with My Bible Pictures.
- Primary Activity Sheets Individually printed activity sheets (not needed if you have Teaching Helps and a way to photocopy the activity sheets).
- Primary Memory Verse Cards
- Visualized Songs include MIDI files for each song.
- Scripture Songs include illustrated Scripture books and audio CD`s of children saying and singing the passage.
Sabbath School Ministry Descriptions
- Children’s Ministries of the General Conference
- Online Bible Lessons for Children
CD format @ Amazon
The Bible in Living Sound (MP3) – dramatized Bible stories for kids of all ages – in MP3 or CD format. (Costs $’s, but well worth the investment.)
- Adventist Missions.org has lots of mission resources, including all the stories in the “Mission Quarterly,” maps, PowerPoint presentations and extra stories with a mission emphasis for children as well as for adults.
- Adventist Kids Ministry Ideas – ideas for crafts and activities. Some videos & posters.
- Children’s Mission Magazine Stories for kids about missionary kids.
12-pack Kids’ craft aprons on Amazon
12-pack Kids Aprons – great for messy crafts in VBS and maybe even Sabbath School.
- Crafts and Resources for Bible Stories – A site chock-full of links to useful aids for teaching Beginners, Kindergarten and Primary classes, indexed to coordinate with the current Sabbath School lessons.
- Coloring Pages for Children on another Christian site.
- More Coloring Pages
- Project Creation Kid Zone – Stories, coloring pages and more on another Christian site.
- Also check out Christian Coloring Books on Amazon. A huge selection!
- Bible lessons and workbook available in Voice of Prophecy store.