Old fashioned pot roast recipe
No idea what to search for? Start browsing till you find something.
Old Fashioned Blackberry DumplingsFrom midgelet 10 years ago
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, milk, eggs, 1 cup sugar and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid and stir.
- Do not overmix.
- In large skillet, combine water, 2 1/2 cups sugar and blackberries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Drop dumpling batter by the spoonful into blackberry mixture and cook dumplings till they rise.
- Test with fork to see if they are done.
- When fork comes out clean, remove dumplings and continue with remaining batter.
- Serve dumplings warm, topped with blackberry mixture.
- Whipped cream or ice cream is optional but good!
People Who Like This Dish 7
- annabyers Nowhere, Us
- artichokehearts Seattle, Washington
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- herby Albany, NY
- choclytcandy IN
- cookiewoman Convoy, OH
- halosmith Somewhere In SC, SC
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- midgelet Eastern, USA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA Subscribe to My Recipes
Like midgelet's recipes? Never miss an upload!
The RatingReviewed by 4 people
- herby in Albany loved it
I love this stuff! I also do it with strawberries.
Love those blackberry dumplings yum
- Not added to any groups yet!
Maybe ListHang onto this recipe
while I look at others.
Holding 0 recipes